Tuesday 14 October 2008

Crop Circle Expedition 08.....

On the 26th July 2008 I decided it was time to get myself down to Wiltshire to admire some of the crop circle formations that appear at this time of year. In particular I wanted to see this crop formation, I very much like the Mayan style of this formation, having looked into the incredibly intricate Mayan calendar, I am now offically fascinated by this culture!



Westwoods, nr Lockeridge, Wiltshire. Reported 17th July.

Picture from Cropcircleconnector.com


So I persuaded my girlfriend and brother to embark with me on our own Crop Circle 'Mystery' Tour! (The mystery was almost certainly due to the lack of planning involved).


However, whilst driving around trying to guess our way to Lockeridge, we stumbled upon a formation in the South field near Alton Barnes, and went in to take a closer look. It was in really good condition especially considering it had formed 3 days previously. Truly they are amazing constructions, people come from far and wide to visit what many deem to be 'sacred spaces'.


We took some pictures whilst in the circle, here are some of the better ones:







Now hang on a minute, what is that rainbow doing at the bottom of this photo?


I amped up the brightness and contrast to make it stand out more here.

Is it a camera malfunction, an exposure problem, or due to some strange electro-magnetic property that are said to be associated with crop circles? Whatever the reason and despite there clearly being not one, but two ends of this particular 'rainbow', none of us saw any pots of gold!


Now strange objects appearing in photo's taken of crop circles is not uncommon:






Whilst these orbs often appear in crop circle photo's, they also turn up elsewhere. Here are a couple of photo's taken by a friend of my mother, who was leading a shamanic healing workshop.


For more information on Shamanic Healing etc please visit www.thefourwinds.com




These orbs turn up all the time once they have created the 'Sacred Space' necessary to do energy work, some people can see them with their eyes, but the cameras are able to pick them up more often.

There seems to be a link between these orbs and sacred space, many researchers have drawn parallels between the two, one of whom is Freddy Silva. He is one of the world's leading experts on crop circles and best-selling author of 'Secrets in the Fields', hailed by many as the most comprehensive book ever written on this multi-disciplinary phenomenon. He is also a leading researcher into the interaction between temples and consciousness. Here is a short excerpt of an interview by the conscious media Network....



If you would like to see the full interview follow this link



So once we finished in the formation we headed to the Henge Shop in Avebury to see if we could work out which formation we had been in; they keep a map with aerial photos of the formations for the ever increasing amount of tourists that flood the area every summer.



As we then discovered, the formation had appeared over two nights, here is an aerial shot of the first ‘phase’.


Pictures from Cropcircleconnector.com


South Field, Alton Barnes, Reported 22nd July 2008




Reported 23rd July 2008 - Phase 2 -the design expands dramatically!



Interestingly, this area was an ancient enclosure of some sort, perhaps considering the ley lines in the area, some sort of sacred site -you can make out the boundary underneath the wheat from this shot:



As with any crop circle there has been a great deal of speculation on the message behind it's design. If you are interested here is a link to get you started:

http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2008/southfield/southfield2008.html



All three of us really enjoyed the experience of visiting Avebury and the surrouding crops circles. The area is alive with energy, especially during the summer months. We discussed nothing else on the journey home!



After getting home that evening, after a long, long day I was lying on the floor relaxing, contemplating the days crop circles, attempting to create my own 'sacred space'. All of a sudden I started getting strange shivers up and down my spine repeatedley, this has always been a sign to me that 'something' is going on, so I shut my eyes and tried to meditate to clear my mind.....


"A clear mind is nothing but the ability to bring thoughts together, to tie already known ideas with less known ideas and to express them in exact and clear words"
- Helvetius


Suddenly I find myself imagining being back at a crop formation, only it was not one I recognised, this seemed like many, many circles in some sort of square formation with a cross in, it was really hard to focus on the image and weirdly I got a definite sense of it being a 3D image. At this point I was no longer in the crops but visualising from above. I don't often have these type of 'visions' but this was quite intense....


I wondered if a formation like that has happened before? and if not, will it turn up in the fields of Wiltshire sometime?


I then start doing some yoga, a balance position staring out the window at the nights sky, contemplating what an incredible day it had been........


Something in the corner of the room catches my eye. Maintaining my balance I looked across and see what I can only describe as a dense area of energy floating about head height a few feet away from me. I start staring at this area trying to decipher what is happening.


This swirling area then formed a tiny diamond of dazzling light exactly at the point I was focusing on, it then seemed to flicker slightly, expanded to an orb about the size of an egg, hung in the air for about 5 seconds it then just blinked out and disappeared!


Whoah, did I just see that? I wondered to myself, still balanced in my yoga pose. I have seen orbs of energy before in pictures, but not in my living room! In photos orbs had always seemed very otherworldly, and almost transparent, as if they weren't fully in this reality, but this diamond of light seemed very solid, and very tangible!


It seemed timely that after spending the day visiting the sacred space of crop circles, that an orb turns up in my living room, directly after creating my own sacred space and having a ‘vision’ of a crop circle formation.



The next day I thought I would check the CropCircleConnector website to see if any formations matched the vision I had had the evening before. This picture totally blew me away, not only was it a total match to what I had seen, it had also happened just hours after my vision!!


Wayland Smithy, Nr Ashbury, Oxfordshire. Reported 27th July.
(The day after our visit)



The alignment with Wayland Smithy is also fascinating, as I am sure part of the arms of the Cross are on a major Ley Line axis which cuts through the corner of Wayland Smithy (not a direct alignment through the ancient Burial Chamber).
- S.Dike, Crop Circle Connector



So think back to my vision:

  • Many, many circles – yes, in fact this has the 2nd most in one formation ever reported. 241 in total. (73 main circles with 168 Grapeshot Circles). Enough to make it tricky to focus on even!
  • Square with a cross – yes totall
  • So what about this 3D aspect?

Well this didnt really make sense until I suddenly realised that the formation looked a lot like a mayan pyramid. A nice set of graphics Nyako Nakar put together for cropcircleconnector.com illustrate this quite well




Again if you are interested in getting into the specifics of just how mayan this crop circle is please click the following link. There is a lot of number crunching that seems to point in the direction of the mayans as well!


http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2008/wayland/wayland2008a.html




Conclusions.......


I went to Wiltshire to look for a Mayan crop circle. Instead I ended up having my very own vision of a Mayan crop circle due to be laid down the next day, quickly followed by the appearance of an orb in my living room to really make me pay attention! Whatever happened I can truly say that this was an amazing experience!


Many more people are starting to get involved in this phenomenom, and I highly recommend you do to!


Here's a nice interview with a Wiltshire regular Karen Bishop, who was first on the scene of a crop formation formed on the 27th July just opposite the crop circle we had been in. Please notice how enthused she is by the experience, that could be you, trust me!










No comments: